Tuesday 25 October 2011

Mascherano surprised by Barca role

Barcelona midfielder Javier Mascherano admits he never imagined he would be playing as a centre back a year after his move to the club from Liverpool.
Mascherano, who has become something of a fan favourite for his hard working performances in defence - including in Saturday's hot tempered goalless draw with Sevilla.
"I never imagined this - to be playing as a centre half just a year after coming here, a Champions League final, a Cup final," Mascherano told Barca TV.
"Looking at how the boss has used me, he seems to prefer me at centre half, rather than in the middle. Maybe that's down to the injuries we've had at the back.
"I just try and do my best - I kn [...]



Submit your suggestion / comments / complaints / Takedown request on lookyp.com@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment